Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thing #72: Take a poll

I did the assignment and created a poll with all three services. Straw Poll is super easy set up, but is lacking in features. It would be better if you could embed the poll to a blog/website, but if it isn't necessary, then Straw Poll is an easy way to get the job done. Here is my Straw Poll sample

Easypolls was also easy to set up and offered some nice additional features. It does allow you to embed it, which I am going to attempt. I really liked how you could rearrange your answers and how you have some different color choices. I couldn't figure out what you were talking about with changing labels though. What I didn't like about Easypolls is that you have to create an account or log in with your Google or Facebook account. I usually don't like to share account/sign in information, but I am trying to ease up a bit after last month Michael. Since I didn't want to create one just to check it out, I signed in with my Google account. I did post it to Facebook, but I didn't have anyone actually take my poll from there. Here is the link to my poll just in case embedding it does not work 
Easypoll Sample

Poll Code was my favorite of the three because it was again easy to create a poll, had nice more customizable features, and didn't require any kind of log in/account. The downside I found out, was that I could not go back and change any of those features once I created my poll. I could do that with Easypolls. Just like Easypolls, I posted to Facebook and had the exact same experience, no one took my poll. Here is the link to my poll, and I will try embedding it as well  Poll Code sample

So overall I thought this assignment was interesting. You could ask your library patrons all sorts of things and use a poll on the website. You could poll about hours, budget, materials, programs just to name a few. I always take a quick survey after my technology classes. I love the feedback, but don't need more paper hanging around my desk. I think I will try using one of these next time and see how it works for me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating. There are definitely differences between those three (which is why I picked them.) Using one of them as a post-class evaluation sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete